Can't use the same certificate in multiple properties

I have multiple properties bound to different subdomains and running different sites.
For example:
PROPERTY1 – 111.example.domain
PROPERTY2 – 222.example.domain
PROPERTY3 – 333.example.domain

Now I have a wildcard certificate (*.example.domain), but I cannot use the same certificate in different properties.

It shows:

Certificate is already existing for one of the domain names Make sure you remove the domain from other environment (s) before proceeding

I am just a customer, and had the same problem.
In the end, had to put all the subdomains on the same property.
Hopefully this is fixed.

Edgio also has the opposite problem, where multiple certs can NOT be added to the same property.

My subdomains come from different origin hosts, so I can’t add all of them to the same property.
If Edgio can’t solve this issue, I will have to request a separate certificate for each property

And about the multiple certs can NOT be added to the same property, a feasible method is to issue a multi-domains certificate.

a feasible method is to issue a multi-domains certificate.

Yup, but having to so just because the system doesn’t support multiple certs is not something most would want to do.
Basically, it is the same thing as having to request a separate certificate for each property for you.
Hopefully, Edgio will fix these issues.

1 Like

You should be able to use a single wildcard certificate across multiple properties that belong to the same organization. This configuration requires that you upload your wildcard certificate a single time. Once it has been uploaded, it is available for use across all of your properties.

Now I have 3 properties belonging to the same organization:

PROPERTY1 – 111.example.domain
PROPERTY2 – 222.example.domain
PROPERTY3 – 333.example.domain

Each of them has its own single-domain certificate, and now I want to replace them with a wildcard certificate (*.example.domain).

When I try to upload the wildcard certificate (*.example.domain) to PROPERTY1, it shows:

Certificate is already existing for one of the domain names. Make sure you remove the domain from other environment(s) before proceeding.

Does this mean that I have to remove the certificates from PROPERTY2 and PROPERTY3 before I can upload the wildcard certificate (*.example.domain) to PROPERTY1?
In other words, do I need to delete the environments in PROPERTY2 and PROPERTY3, re-add them, and then upload the wildcard certificate to PROPERTY1, which will automatically be shared by PROPERTY2 and PROPERTY3?

This seems unreasonable, and I hope to remove this limitation and be able to upload certificates freely.

You should be able to delete a previously uploaded certificate by navigating to the page where you uploaded it and then clicking Delete. Once you have deleted the set of conflicting certificates and these changes have propagated throughout our network, you should be able to upload the wildcard certificate.

Thank you for your response.

The solution you’ve provided is workable. Following the earlier example, once I remove the certificates for PROPERTY2 and PROPERTY3 and upload a wildcard certificate to PROPERTY1, the domain names of PROPERTY2 and PROPERTY3 will automatically utilize the wildcard certificate uploaded to PROPERTY1. However, the"TLS Certificate" pages for PROPERTY2 and PROPERTY3 do not reflect the certificate deployment status, continuing to display the message: “Present Certificate: Certificate activation failed.”

I would recommend enabling a feature that accurately displays the deployment status of wildcard certificates. Furthermore, it would be beneficial to have the flexibility to upload certificates of our choosing, such as deploying a single domain certificate for PROPERTY1 while employing wildcard certificates for PROPERTY2 and PROPERTY3.

You’re welcome! I’m glad that you were able to set up your wildcard cert. I’ll pass along your feedback to the team.