Edgio - v 7.12.0 crash on any command - Error: AbsoulteFolderName must start with slash

This error doesn’t happen on my older projects.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new nextjs app
  2. Run edgio init --edgioVersion latest
  3. Run any edg command

When I downgrade to 7.11.6, it works.
Repo where you can reproduce the issue GitHub - petrvecera/next_test at edgio-12

This is on Windows 10

$ edgio dev

> Starting Edgio in development mode with caching disabled...
Error: AbsoulteFolderName must start with slash, did you mean RelativeFolderName?
    at AbsoluteFolderName.parse (C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\ts-fs-utils\AbsoluteFolderName.js:86:15)
    at new AbsoluteFolderName (C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\ts-fs-utils\AbsoluteFolderName.js:20:47)
    at createLambdaFs (C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\@edgio\core\edgio.fs.js:53:65)
    at C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\@edgio\core\edgio.fs.js:49:44
    at AbsoluteFolderName.with (C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\ts-fs-utils\AbsoluteFolderName.js:46:21)
    at C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\@edgio\core\edgio.fs.js:43:40
    at AbsoluteFolderName.with (C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\ts-fs-utils\AbsoluteFolderName.js:46:21)
    at createEdgioFS (C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\@edgio\core\edgio.fs.js:38:108)
    at getDevRuntimeOptions (C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\@edgio\core\lambda\server.implementation.js:100:45)
    at initDevRuntime (C:\Git\other\nextnext-app\node_modules\@edgio\core\lambda\server.implementation.js:29:102)
error Command failed with exit code 4294967295.

Thanks, Petr. I haven’t confirmed this on a Windows machine, but do see where 7.12.0 introduced reference to AbsoluteFolderName. I have filed a ticket for this issue under EDGSITES-838.

@petrvecera Can you try this pre-release and validate if it resolves your issue? edgio use 7.12.3-next-1719486436-0966fa26.0.

That issue is fixed but it looks there is a new one :smiley:

edg build works, but edg dev produces error.

I’ve put it to CI , to rule out my environment:

Here is the code GitHub - petrvecera/next_test at 7.12.3-next-1719486436-0966fa26.0

Might be worth adding this to CI - integration tests.

Error: Cannot find module 'ts-fs-utils'
Require stack:
- /home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/core/edgio.fs.js
- /home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/core/lambda/server.implementation.js
- /home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/core/lambda/server.js
- /home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/utils/runWithServerless.js
- /home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/utils/runDeploymentArchive.js
- /home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/commands/run.js
- /home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/yargs/index.cjs
- /home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/cli.js
- /home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/cli-local.js
    at Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1145:15)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:986:27)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1233:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:179:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/core/edgio.fs.js:7:23)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1358:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1416:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1208:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1024:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1233:19) {
  code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
  requireStack: [
    '/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/core/edgio.fs.js',
    '/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/core/lambda/server.implementation.js',
    '/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/core/lambda/server.js',
    '/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/utils/runWithServerless.js',
    '/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/utils/runDeploymentArchive.js',
    '/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/commands/run.js',
    '/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/yargs/index.cjs',
    '/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/cli.js',
    '/home/runner/work/next_test/next_test/node_modules/@edgio/cli/cli-local.js'
  ]
}```

The devs have indicated this should now be resolved in 7.12.4+. Can you confirm?

It looks like the issues with AbsoulteFolderName was not fixed fully. I am on 7.12.10

edg run -p

Error: AbsoulteFolderName must start with drive name, did you mean RelativeFolderName?
    at _i.parse (C:\Git\cohstats\coh3-stats\.edgio\lambda\internal\server.cjs:392:38724)
    at new _i (C:\Git\cohstats\coh3-stats\.edgio\lambda\internal\server.cjs:392:37730)
    at Hm (C:\Git\cohstats\coh3-stats\.edgio\lambda\internal\server.cjs:392:63938)
    at PA (C:\Git\cohstats\coh3-stats\.edgio\lambda\internal\server.cjs:402:67)
    at OA (C:\Git\cohstats\coh3-stats\.edgio\lambda\internal\server.cjs:398:606)
    at DK (C:\Git\cohstats\coh3-stats\.edgio\lambda\internal\server.cjs:398:703)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Git\cohstats\coh3-stats\.edgio\lambda\internal\server.cjs:402:1089)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1376:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1435:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1207:32)

@petrvecera I was finally able to reproduce this myself in 7.12.10. Earlier today, 7.12.11 was released to address that latest error. I was able to run a production build of my Next app successfully on Windows 11.