Is there an API or official public page I can use to automate and whitelist IPs used by Edgio?

I noticed in documentation Hostnames and Origins | Edgio Documentation
I can view the Edgio edge IPs connecting to origin in the “In order to ensure your origins accept connections from the CDN, follow these instructions” instructions in Origins setup page.
However, this page requires login and the IPs could always change in the future.

Is there an API or official public page I can use to automate and whitelist IPs used by Edgio?

Hi @Kooroo ,

We do not currently have a public API for pulling these environment details. However, if you look at the browser network requests on the Origins page in the console UI, you can see which request is used to obtain this information.

I’ve modified the request in the curl below to only pull the allowlist information, but filling in the placeholders should get you what you need.

!! Note that this API isn’t publicly supported or documented so it can and will change without notice.

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.edgio.app/graphql' \
--header 'content-type: application/json' \
--header 'x-api-key: <DEPLOY_TOKEN>' \
--data-raw '{
  "operationName": "environmentByName",
  "variables": {
    "organizationSlug": "<ORGANIZATION>",
    "propertySlug": "<PROPERTY>",
    "name": "<ENVIRONMENT>"
  },
  "query": "query environmentByName($organizationSlug: String!, $propertySlug: String!, $name: String!) {\n  environmentByName(organizationSlug: $organizationSlug, propertySlug: $propertySlug, name: $name) {\n    allowlistIps {\n      ipAddresses\n      sourceName\n      __typename\n    }\n    __typename\n  }\n}\n"
}
'

Does the API support real-time updates or a notification mechanism when IP addresses change? This would be crucial for automated whitelisting.

I have confirmed with edg.io official support, that feature does not exist at this moment.

@tristan.lee

Thanks for your reply.

I (think) I found all the other information in Chrome debug console,
However, I don’t know how to get the

<DEPLOY_TOKEN> in x-api-key which is not in Chrome debug console.

I am using the edg.io v7 webui, where can I find or create the necessary <DEPLOY_TOKEN>?

The deploy token must be created from the UI. Under your property, go to the Settings page and you’ll see the button for creating the token.